Important Information Regarding COVID-19
To Our Valued Patients
While many aspects of life have changed in light of COVID-19, our commitment to your health and safety remains steadfast. We are following the most recent advice from the CDC and our professional organizations to make changes to keep you, our other patients, and our staff safe from infection. Some changes include:
- Our staff will ask you screening questions before your appointment.
- Please use the hand sanitizer that we have available when you come into the office.
- We have removed hard-to-disinfect items in the reception area to make it easier to clean frequently during the day.
- We are allowing more time between appointments to manage social distancing practices. We may ask you to wait in your car instead of the reception area.
- We also ask that you come into the office alone. If necessary, one caregiver or family member may accompany the patient.
- We may take your temperature before your appointment.
- You may see that all staff, including the front office staff, will be wearing masks or face shields.
- We ask that everyone who enters the office wear a face covering or mask.
- There may be other changes as we try to keep social distancing to six feet.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our office. Please call our office at 231-347-6932 if you have any questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Susan Malone
Dr. Devin Hueston
and Dental Team
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office. Our office answering machine will be monitored periodically.